In the state of Texas, 2 licenses are needed. The first is called the Conservation license. This is a prerequisite a person must have before being allowed to obtain a fishing license.
The Conservation license can be obtained from the Fish, Wildlife & Parks or FWP. This is done by giving one’s social security number and other information that is requested. A valid driver’s license or any valid ID with photo must also be presented for security purposes for the license to be processed.
Once that is done, a fishing license can be acquired which is neither non-transferable nor non-refundable and is only valid for one year.
Fish that are normally caught in Texas are flounder, trout and sheepshead.
Here are some tips that will help anyone who wants to go fishing in Texas;
1. The first thing to do is get the right equipment: a good boat, fishing rod, reels and bait.
2. If one is not familiar with the place, it is best to ask the locals where the best fishing ground is then start from there.
3. Hooks can be in different sizes. The right hook for fishing is dependent on the kind of bait that will be used.
4. To prevent injury especially when taking out the fish caught in the hook, it is advisable to do it using wet hands.
5. The primary source of food for Seagulls is fish. If there is a flock in one area it means that place is good for fishing. One should approach quietly and set the bait and just wait for the fish to start coming in.
6. Some fish stray when the water is clear but it is quite difficult since the fish can also see the bait. To be able to catch more fish, the best place to do it is in deep water.
7. It is also advisable to try a variety of bait when fishing. Some fish can easily be caught with one kind while others are not. It takes practice to get it right and patience for the fish to come out and haul it in.